Hello fellow entrepreneur!
Thank you for taking the time to answer these interview questions. I hope these questions get your brain churning because they are important questions to ask yourself when you are planning to start a business or you want to maintain an already successful business. Whether your business is an online one or a local store in your city, you should always be thinking of ways to reach your target audience! When you reach your audience where they are, they are more likely to take the action you put forth! In today’s digital world, you HAVE to be visible and available where your customers are– which is Online!
FACT: In 2017, Facebook has 2 BILLION active users!
I want to help you in any way possible to reach your specific customer base and meet sales goals you set! The questions below will help me know what areas to focus on, where to start and how to teach you important marketing skills for your business. Please answer as thoroughly as possible.
Thank you for your time!
- As a small business owner, what are your sales and marketing problems or barriers?
(Ex. Time, money, knowledge, tools, content creation, gaining customers/ followers)
- What terms or phrases do you use when searching for sales and marketing help? Do you specify your business industry?
- What would you like to know more about when it comes to promoting your product or service?
- Is digital marketing important for your business? Why or why not?
- Which search engine do you use when searching for marketing ideas?
(YouTube, Google, Pinterest, etc.)
- What publications (books, magazines, articles) do you read that are targeted to entrepreneurs?
- What websites do you visit most for marketing help and tips?
- What would make sales and marketing easier for you?
- Is digital marketing important for you to master?
- Are you willing to pay for tools that help you achieve your marketing goals? Do you have a marketing budget in place?
- What is your current marketing goal/s? (check one or all that apply)
- Brand awareness
- Website traffic
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Conversions (sales)
- Store visits (online/ in store)
Do you know CONTENT is? Content is anything you publish online for your followers to see. Examples: Quotes, photographs, videos, podcast, websites, client testimonials, webinars, guides, etc.
- How many hours a week or month do you spend creating content to publish online? Do you use a desktop, laptop, or mobile devices (iPad, tablet, cell phone) to create content?
- Do you know what types of digital content your buyers want to see from you? How much time do you spend creating content?
- As a student, how do you best learn? (reading, watching video, note taking, hands-on practice)
- Which social media platforms do you use to advertise your business? What social media platform do your buyers/subscribers most frequent? (Facebook, Instagram, business website, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Etsy, etc.)
- Do you have a blog site? Do you know what blogging is? If so, what do you use it for and how often? Is it helpful for your business? Do you want to know more about the benefits of blogging?
- What software (if any) do you use to edit video or pictures?
- Does your company have a solid brand identity? What is it?
- Does your company have a marketing strategy? Is it working for you?
- Do you have an email list for your company? Do you know ways to get an email list? What are the benefits of email lists?
- Would you like a knowledgeable person to walk you through marketing techniques and strategy on a weekly/ monthly basis via webinars, Skype, etc.?